Signups are now open for Teamfight Tactics players to represent their region in the pan-European TFT Superbrawl
London, UK – January 5, 2022 – We are pleased to announce the UK, Ireland, and Nordics qualifiers for the TFT Superbrawl, a regional competition which forms part of (and has a qualification slot into) the new Teamfight Tactics Rising Legends Circuit.
Qualifier events for UK, Ireland and Nordics will take place this month, and signups are already open here. There will be two separate Qualifier weekends – giving players an opportunity to sign up for either or both – taking place on 15-16th, and 22-23rd January. The top 16 players from each Qualifier weekend will be entered into the Qualifier Finals taking place on 29th January.
The top 2 from the Qualifier Finals will secure the regional slot in the TFT Superbrawl, and go head-to-head with teams from France, Italy, Poland, Spain, and Turkey, as well as the CIS, DACH, and Eastern Europe regions.
- This qualifier is open to players from the UK, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland.
- Registrations are now open for both Qualifier Weekends, with signups capped at 128 players per weekend. Players may sign up for either or both weekends, although they will not be permitted to take part in the second weekend if they have already made it to the Qualifier Finals day.
- Signups from Challenger rank players will be prioritised, but the tournament is open to players of all abilities.
- Each Qualifier Weekend takes place over two days – with the top 64 players from Saturday making it through to Day 2 on the Sunday.
- The top 16 players from each Qualifier Weekend will be entered into the Qualifier Finals on 29th January, which will be broadcast live on Twitch.
- The final two players will be formed into a team and represent the region at TFT Superbrawl tournament.
What is TFT Superbrawl?
Taking place from 4-6 February, the TFT Superbrawl is a pan-European competition where nine teams (of two players) from local qualifiers battle it out in the Convergence for one of the coveted spots at the TFT Rising Legends Finals, alongside their share of the €5,000 cash prize.
What is TFT Rising Legends?
Teamfight Tactics Rising Legends is the new tournament circuit serving players in the EMEA region. Starting last year, Teamfight Tactics Rising Legends is a significant level-up for the TFT esports ecosystem in EMEA, and allows the most strategic players to battle for a spot to represent the region at the Set 6 TFT World Championship.
About Riot Games
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. As League enters its second decade, Riot continues to evolve the game while delivering new experiences to players with Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and multiple work-in-progress titles. Riot is also expanding the world of Runeterra through multimedia projects across music, comic books, board games, and the upcoming animated series Arcane. Founded by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill, and led by CEO Nicolo Laurent, Riot is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and has 3,000+ Rioters in 20+ offices worldwide.
About Teamfight Tactics
TFT is an eight person free-for-all strategy game where players combine LoL champions and items in different formations to defeat the seven other players in a match. As the leading game in the auto-battler genre, players tactically place an army of characters on a grid-shaped game board for a last-player-standing automated battle. Since launching in 2019, TFT has emerged as the top contender in the genre, with over 80M players globally since its launch, providing a fun and deep chess-like gameplay experience for all types of players now on multiple platforms. Visit teamfighttactics.leagueoflegends.com for more information and follow @TFT on social media.