LOS ANGELES, California, November 15 2021 – Today, game developer and publisher Riot Games unveiled the third and final phase of its RiotX Arcane event, Undercity Nights. Spanning November 14-20, the week leading to the Arcane season finale, players will see new game content across Riot’s portfolio along with community-focused competitions celebrating the Riot Games ecosystem.
Undercity Nights follows the Progress Days event, which occurred from November 7-13 and featured a slew of Arcane-inspired in-game updates and rewards along with a fun partnership that brought Arcane-themed cosmetics to Among Us’s first ever Cosmicube. Undercity Nights will cap off the month-long RiotX Arcane celebration with a focus on the company’s dedication to its communities and the spirit of competition.
On November 19 and 20, fans and players across Riot’s global community are invited to celebrate the Arcane season finale via the Undercity Nights event being broadcasted live from Los Angeles. Physical and digital attendees will experience live entertainment, a charity tournament featuring prominent community members playing Riot’s games, and more. Arcane’s final three episodes will be available on Netflix globally and Tencent Video in China at 12:00 AM PT on November 20.
“Undercity Nights is a celebration of the community, competition, and games at the core of our IP,” said Sarah Schutz, Head of Riot Experience (XP). “We hope that players who have been with us since the beginning, and those just discovering us through Arcane, enjoy the finale and festivities.”
On November 19, Undercity Nights will debut a slice of Secret Cinema’s live experience, Arcane: Enter the Undercity. An original story set within the lead up to the Arcane finale, fans will be able to choose their undercity faction and challenge each other for control of the shimmer supply. The experience will be filled with twists and turns, puzzles, and unexpected encounters with characters from the show. With multiple endings based on who comes out on top (and how), a preview of the Secret Cinema experience will be broadcast on the first day of the two-day event, with tickets on-sale now from November 21 to December 19, 2021.
The event will also include the first-ever Riot Gauntlet, a two-day charity tournament across a number of Riot’s games with a prize pool of $100,000 to be donated to the winning teams’ charities of choice. Team captains will choose from a group of prominent community members from around the globe to team up and compete in a selection of Riot’s games, culminating in a finale match pitting the team captains against a team of Riot Games developers on November 20.
The following Arcane-inspired content and product features will also be going live across Riot’s games during Undercity Nights from November 14-20:
- League of Legends continues unlocking stories through the Council Archives, an interactive experience where players can learn more about Arcane’s characters, and launches its annual Preseason gameplay updates:
- Unlocked Vi’s stories in the Council Archives
- Arcane Vi, available and earnable through playing three games of League of Legends or winning one
- End of the Ranked 2021 Season
- Preseason 2022 content launch, featuring new drakes, runes, and items
- Caitlyn Art & Sustainability Update, a visual update to one of the most prominent champions featured in Arcane
- Ultimate Spellbook, the return of a player-favorite game mode which features more gameplay mechanics from champions in Arcane
- Teamfight Tactics will launch Double Up, a brand new game mode where two players can team up in a game.
- VALORANT’s long awaited 17th Agent, Chamber, enters the fray.
And the final drop of new earnable in-game rewards arrives in the World of RiotX Arcane, available to collect until November 30:
- League of Legends: Arcane Ward
- Teamfight Tactics: Zaun City Rooftop Arena
- Legends of Runeterra: Hold the Applause Icon
- VALORANT: Fishbones Spray
Fans tuning in digitally to the Undercity Nights broadcast on either date will have another opportunity to earn the following Twitch Drops, in-game rewards previously granted to people who watched the Premiere broadcast, on Twitch:
- A Single Tear Emote (League of Legends: Wild Rift)
- Arcane Capsule (League of Legends)
- Fishbones Gun Buddy (VALORANT)
- Gizmos & Gadgets Little Legends Egg (Teamfight Tactics)
- Jayce Emote (Legends of Runeterra)
*Riot’s two day Undercity Nights event will be available for co-streaming on all platforms. That does not include Act 3 of Arcane, which is available exclusively on Netflix globally and Tencent Video in China.